OA & TA Tentative Contract Agreements
On behalf of our negotiating team (Thomas Burke, Dennis Bottomley, Phil Valenti), I am happy to announce that we have reached tentative agreements with the Authority on our 2013 through 2018 contracts. For your convenience, I have listed below some of the Contract highlights.
- Wage increases in every year of the contract with full retroactivity back to June 8, 2013.
- Reduction in the 10-year member eligibility period for NYSHIP medical benefits to five years for current and future members.
- Maintained current members’ health benefits contributions.
- Dental and Vision Improvements.
- All members will now be enrolled in the same Supplemental Dental and Vision Plans.
- Increases in the Life Insurance benefit from $5,000 to $25,000.
- Guaranteed 12-day sick advancement every May 1st.
- Changes in the current OA lay-off language from time of hire to time in supervisor title.
- Option of cashing-out up to five weeks of vacation at the time of retirement.
- LIRR or Metro North commuter passes for members living outside of the five boroughs.
- Members with less than 50% of their potential may now be eligible for a sick leave cash-out at the time of their separation (Pilot Program).
- Increase the AVA and OTO caps.
- Death in Family to include Step Children.
- Discipline Reduction Language that provides for the removal of certain disciplinary actions from your record.
We believe this is a fair and balanced agreement that addresses our members’ priorities, concerns, and needs. This agreement also corrects some longstanding contract terms that were unfair and inequitable to some of our members. If you have any questions on the tentative agreement, please contact your Chairperson, or the Union Office.
Complete OA MOU
Complete Queens MOU