Citi Bike Critical Workforce Membership Program Extension
Lyft announced that Citi and Mastercard have partnered to commit $1 million to significantly grow the Citi Bike Critical Workforce Membership Program, making memberships longer and available to more workers.
More than 5,500 first-responder, healthcare, and transit workers have joined the program since it began offering a free month of Citi Bike rides in March. Now, the program will include full-year annual memberships and expand its benefits to include workers at critical food-related non-profits, as well as essential City of New York employees. The deadline for joining this new program has also been extended from April 30 to May 31.
To sign up for a free Citi Bike membership, follow these instructions by May 31:
- Go to:citibikenyc.com/nycgov
- Enter program code: P3F4PZ7D
- Complete remaining steps to sign up. You will still need to put a credit card on file in case of any extra time fees incurred or lost bike fees
- Verify your work email address
- Click the link we send to your email to verify. (needs to be work email)
- You can ride immediately using the Citi Bike mobile app to unlock a bike
- You can also ride using the Lyft app by linking your new Citi Bike account within your Lyft rider profile